NOTE: ALL OPERATIONS OF MAGIC IN THE DATU PATH USE THE OLDEST PLANETARY ARRANGEMENT
There are several traditional families of magic they begin with two polarities:
1. magic of the left hand path (dark magic, any operation that is designed to break down or restrict)
2. Magic of the right hand path.(lght magic, any operation designed to build up or free)
THESE TWO TYPES OF MAGIC ARE MANIFESTED AS FOUR CURRENTS OF OPERATION:
1. KI: EARTH MAGIC (this makes things stable and still)
2. A: WATER MAGIC (this makes things decelerate and adapt
3. IZI: FIRE MAGIC (this makes things accelerate and enacts will)
4. AN: WIND / LIGHT MAGIC (this makes things evolve and grow)
for other atributions of the four elements see the writ of four.
The four currents interact with Tebu and Katu to make 8 planetary SPHERES. Each has associated types of magic:
0. Enki:Physical magic (sorcery), Mortal magic and Elemental/ Spirit magic and exorcism
1. Moon: Divination and Astral (planetary) magic
2. Mercury:ritual magic and astrological magic and initiation
3. Venus:Invocation and sexual magic
4. Sun: Illumination and creative magic
5. Mars: Evocation and destructive magic
6. Jupiter: Ceremonial magic.
7. Saturn: Talismans and Amulets and necromancy.
Each of the three paths (enki, enlil,anu) use as their basis a diagram called the tree of life. the tree of life is a latice
work of sphere and lines that is repesentative of the structure of the universe. These Trees are based on the planets arranged
according to three different methods.
The first and lowest tree (see pic) is based on what is called the Chaldean order
(moon, mercury, venus, sun,mars, jupiter, saturn).
The Chaldean order is based upon the 'Geocentric' view of the universe.
This concept of the Earth as the center of all things, was a prevelant magical notion before the advent of Copernicus and
his 'heliocentric' theory.
When we look at the heavens, certain astral objects seem to be at various distance from us.
The moon appears as the closest astral body, and they appear farther and farther out in order with the furthest away being
saturn. Out beyond the planets were the signs of the zodiac.
With Enki being seen as the lord of the deep waters
under the earth, it is natural the he would be the first representation or sphere in a geocentric view.
to the geocentric view, there is a second method by which to arange the planets: The Days of the Week .
all seven days
of the week have names that still to this day refere to this arangement of attributions:
Sunday - sun day
- moon day
Tuesday-tiw's day, the mars of the saxons
wensday-wotan / woden day, the day ofodin one eye, mercury
- thor's day the day of jupiter
friday - freya's day goddess of love (venus)
saturday- saturn's day
it gives us the order of:
sun, moon, mars, mercury, jupiter, venus, saturn.
this is the order of the spheres on the
enlil tree that connects to the top of the enki tree.
the third method for arranging the planets is in the actual
manner that they exist. (saturn, jupiter, mars, earth (enki), moon, venus, mercury, sun. This is the order of the spheres
on the Anu tree.